The Anzac Day weekend will look a little differnet for many of us this year, but you can still stay in, pay your respects, and enjoy the weekend. Baking some Anzac Biscuits are are a great way to have some fun, and get the kids involved!
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Plain flour – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 2/3 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 2/3 cup
- Butter – 125g
- Golden syrup (you can also use maple syrup or honey as a substitute) – 2 TBS
- Bi-carbonate soda – 1/2 tsp
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Stir through using a spoon the melted butter, golden syrup and bi-carbonate soda to mixture
- Roll into balls with a spoon and your hand
- Place rolled balls onto a baking tray (using baking paper on the bottom of the tray to stop the biscuits from sticking)
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees celcius, and bake for 10-12 minutes
- They will still feel soft when you take them out of the oven, and will become more crunchy as they cool
- Once cooled, store in an air tight container in a cool, dry place. They will last a few weeks.